Capital Clubhouse Inc.
We are proud to induct Capital Clubhouse Inc. into the Susan Daniels Disability Mentoring Hall of Fame.
Capital Clubhouse is a community-based non-profit organization that serves individuals whose lives have been disrupted by mental illness by helping them achieve their goals of employment, education, and connection to community.
Like the other 300-some Clubhouses across the world, Capital Clubhouse provides living proof that people with mental illness can lead productive and satisfying lives. It offers members:
- A working environment where the talents and abilities of members are recognized and encouraged
- Opportunities to obtain paid employment in mainstream industries and businesses
- Assistance in accessing educational resources and other community-support resources
- Assistance in securing and sustaining safe, decent and affordable housing
- Participation in consensus-based decision making for all matters related to the running of the Clubhouse
- Evening/weekend/holiday social and recreational events